Partner – LAIRD TRAN STUDIO
2000 - 2002 Bachelor of Environmental Design University of WA
2003 – 2004 Bachelor Architecture (hons) University of WA
- Architects Board of WA (2009) – Reg. No. 2331
- AIA Member No. 45169
- Short List Glenn Murcutt Student Prize 2004
- MBA Rudeforth Dental Surgery 2010
Jan 2005 - June 2008
After graduating from the University of Western Australia in 2004, Nathan moved to Brisbane and worked with Yuri Stevens Architect and Nicole Weston Architect until late 2008. Nathan sat for his architecture registration under their mentorship and undertook a diverse role within the small firm.
Jan 2009 - May 2014
Having grown up in Broome, Nathan returned to the town to commence work with Geoff Barker and Sue Thomas at PM+D Architects. Nathan managed the Contract Administration portion of a number of PM+D's education projects until the closure of PM+D's Broome office in mid 2009. Nathan continued to work with Sue Thomas through Engawa Architects.
June 2014 – Present
Having worked along-side Edward Tran throughout university and at Engawa Architects, Nathan commenced a partnership architecture practice with Edward through Laird Tran Studio in 2014. This studio is based in Broome Western Australia.
Nathan is a great communicator and prides himself on delivering professional and creative solutions to complex construction issues.
Achievements / Project Experience
Experience with Nicole Weston Architect
- Mann Residence $300k - Project Architect
- SpaceFrame Offices $7m – Project Team
Experience with Engawa Architects
- Building the Education Revolution $3m – Project Architect
- St Marys Primary School Broome
- Sacred Heart School Beagle Bay
- Djarindjin Lombadina School Office
- St John Ambulance Broome $5m – Project Architect
- Rudeforth Dental Surgery $700k – Project Architect
- Derby Mental Health Refurbishment $2m – Project Architect
- Dalmatio Apartments Broome North $3m – Project Architect
- North West Health Fitout - $600k Project Architect
- Broome North Primary School $24m – Project Team
- Broome Port Authority Office Fitout $250k – Project Team
- Foundation Housing Lodge $300k – Project Architect